segunda-feira, 30 de setembro de 2013

Miss America Kansas 2014 Theresa Vail

Skeptical bunch that we are, several of you have sent us links in regards to Miss Kansas, Theressa Vail. Yes, she’s a buck sergeant in the Kansas National Guard Medical Detachment like she says. And, I’m sure to the horror of SMA Ray Chandler, she’s inked. According to People Magazine, her tats are the Army Dental Corps insignia on her shoulder and the Serenity Prayer in the gentle curve of her side. She’s also an expert M16 marksman, a bow hunter, a skydiver, a boxer and a mechanic. She finally had to stop motorcycle racing after breaking all the fingers in her right hand – a potential stumbling block, she decided, to reaching her goal of becoming an Army dentist. She can skin a deer, she has a great squirrel stew recipe (it features sauerkraut) and, one day, she hopes to hunt bear with her bow and arrow. People says that her commanding officer encouraged her to enter the beauty pageant. The article also says that she took another burst of six years with the Guard, so it should be interesting to see how it all plays out. “Nobody expects a soldier to be a beauty queen. But I’m all about breaking stereotypes,” Miss Kansas Theresa Vail told People Magazine. She’s right. That’s very unexpected. And when she says she’s about breaking stereotypes, she means it…“My whole platform is empowering women to overcome stereotypes and break barriers. What a hypocrite I would be if I covered my ink,” Vail said. “How can I tell other women to be fearless and true to themselves if I can’t do the same? I am who I am, tattoos and all.” So what did the US Army beauty queen from Kansas pick as her talent for the pageant? Archery. Unfortunately, she was told she wouldn’t be able to use that. Instead she learned a Pavarotti opera piece that she had never sung before. It’s all about showing girls they can do anything they want to,” Vail said. “I want to help them develop confidence, to let them know that they have what it takes to accomplish anything they want to accomplish. I know many young girls look at beauty candidates and think, ‘What a perfect life they have.’ But I want them to know that I haven’t led a perfect life. And that beauty comes from the inside.”























































Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário